Policies » Section K: School/Community-Home Relations » KF: Community Use of School Facilities
Policy Date: 05/02/2019Download Policy Now
CSD File: KF
CANDIA SCHOOL DISTRICT
COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
The primary objective of the Candia School Board is to meet the needs of the students. Once this objective is met, the Candia School Board will grant the privilege of using the school facilities (buildings and grounds) to those individuals, organizations or groups who are residents of the Town of Candia. This does not alter the fact that it is the responsibility of the school board to establish regulations to protect the assets and investments of the Candia School District.
Certain events shall receive first consideration during the calendar year. These events shall include town meetings; school meetings, both scheduled and special; and annual municipal, state, and federal elections.
Facility use may be granted to organizations at the discretion of the building principal, on the following priority basis:
1. School-sponsored organizations: Those which are recognized by the school board as directly related to school activities (no fees to be assessed).
2. Government organizations: Agencies which are authorized under the laws of the United States, the State of New Hampshire, the County of Rockingham, or the Town of Candia (no fees assessed).
3. Non-profit organizations: Those that are social, service, fraternal, or religious in nature and serve the community on a non-profit basis. Youth civic organizations will have priority in this section, i.e., CYAA, Scouts, Lions, etc. (no fees assessed).
4. Private groups or organizations (refer to fee schedule in KF-R).
5. For-profit organizations or individuals that apply for extended use of school facilities will be charged a fee negotiated on a case by case basis. Sales of personal items (yard sales, flea markets, etc.) are not considered an appropriate use of the school facilities.
Applications for the use of facilities (land and buildings) must be approved by the Principal or his/her designee. Individuals and/or organizations requesting use of facilities may be required to hire security personnel prior to approval. Those organizations using the school building must name the Candia School District as an “additional insured” on the user’s insurance policy. A certificate of insurance must be provided at the time of submitting the Application for Use of School Facilities.
Alcohol, tobacco products, and vaporizers are not permitted at the Henry W. Moore school facilities or school grounds.
The use of the facility does not include school-owned equipment. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the building Principal.
A staff member must be in the building when it is in use.
RSA 126-K:7, Use of Tobacco Products on Public Educational Facility Grounds Prohibited
Revised: July 14, 1987
Revised: July 31, 1990
Revised: November 18, 1992
Revised: September 7, 1995
Adopted: May 4, 2000
Adopted: May 9, 2002
Adopted: June 2, 2005
Revised: December 3, 2015
Revised: May 2, 2019