Policies » Section A: Foundations & Basic Commitments » AD: Educational Philosophy/Mission Statement
Policy Date: 08/17/2017Download Policy Now
CSD File: AD
CANDIA SCHOOL DISTRICT
EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY/SCHOOL DISTRICT MISSION
The mission of the Candia School District is to develop a community of learners who are intellectually curious, resourceful, and respectful of self and others. Academic achievement, through constantly improving standards, is the Candia School District’s highest priority.
Additionally, the Candia School Board expects each school in the district to adopt a written philosophy and a statement of goals and objectives consistent with the state’s board of education rules and the following philosophical statements, which are viewed as integral to the teaching/learning process:
1. Each child is important.
2. All children can be successful learners.
3. Children learn by example.
4. Learning in school occurs primarily through faculty and student interaction.
5. Children learn best when community, schools, families, and students work together as a supportive and respectful group.
6. Families are an integral part of a child’s education team.
7. Schools must be safe places where risk taking, success, and failure are all important parts of the learning process.
8. The purpose of schools is to promote learning.
9. Today’s education is to shape and prepare learners for tomorrow’s world.
10. All people have the right to learn in an environment free of emotional, mental, and physical harm.
11. It is essential to recognize the importance of cooperation as well as competition in our complex, independent world.
12. Problem solving and adaptability are essential to survival in our changing world.
13. Learning is a lifelong process.
14. Acceptance of individuality is possible with understanding and mutual respect.
15. Opportunity must be provided for all students to reach their full academic potential.
The Board working with the Superintendent will review the philosophy, goals and objectives at least every five (5) years.
NH Code of Administrative Rules, Section Ed. 306.05, School Philosophy, Goals, and Objectives
Adopted: October 7, 1999
Adopted: June 1, 2006
Reviewed: August 17, 2017