Policies » Section C: General School Administration » CCB: Line And Staff Relations
Policy Date: 01/06/2022Download Policy Now
CSD File: CCB
CANDIA SCHOOL DISTRICT
LINE AND STAFF RELATIONS
The following principles shall govern the administrative operation of the school system:
1. The school shall be encouraged to develop its educational program most appropriate for the
students attending the Henry Moore School, consistent with School Board policy, state law, and
State Board regulations.
2. The Superintendent shall have specific responsibility for overseeing the pattern and sequence of
educational experiences provided for its school age children.
3. Responsibility shall flow simply and clearly from the support staff and teachers to the appropriate
4. Each member of the staff shall be informed as to whom she/he is responsible and for what
5. Whenever feasible, each member of the staff shall be made responsible to only one immediate
superior for any one function.
6. Each staff member shall be informed as to whom she/he can go for help in working out his/her
own functions in the school program.
Line of Responsibility
Each employee in the district, except the clerk, treasurer, auditor and counsel, shall be responsible to
the Board through the Superintendent and school Principal.
All personnel shall refer matters requiring administrative action to the administrator immediately in
charge of the area in which the problem arises.
Administrators shall refer such matters to the next higher authority when necessary.
The Superintendent in administering this policy shall be guided by the knowledge that the Board
values the freest possible interchange of ideas outside the established framework of direct
responsibility as preeminently desirable in the Candia School District. Nothing provided herein shall
be interpreted as intended to interrupt the free and open flow of ideas and assistance among
personnel at every level.
Adopted: November 12, 1975
Adopted: December 2, 1999
Reviewed: January 6, 2022