Policies » Section J: Students » JIB: Student Involvement in Decision-Making
Policy Date: 04/05/2001Download Policy Now
CSD File: JIB
CANDIA SCHOOL DISTRICT
STUDENT INVOLVEMENT IN DECISION-MAKING
The role of the school is to create a stimulating learning climate which develops active involvement of students in their education and develops a spirit of inquiry. The Board believes that a student should be involved in academic decision-making consistent with their developmental stage and should include the following:
1. Be encouraged to participate in planning classroom activities and in improving courses of studies.
2. Feel free to express, without fear, their own opinions, recognizing that every privilege and right has a corresponding responsibility.
3. Be involved in the planning of assembly programs and school-sponsored forums of interest.
4. Be encouraged to participate in student government organizations that provide students with a voice in school affairs.
5. Be encouraged to participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities to broaden their educational experiences.
6. The Board may choose to add a nonvoting student member from a high school in the district to the Board.
Students have a responsibility to know and respect the rules and regulations of the school. Students have the further responsibility to behave in a manner appropriate to good citizenship everywhere. This includes treating all students and staff with courtesy, consideration, and respect. Insults, force, or sarcasm shall not be used.
Statutory References: RSA 189:1-c, RSA 194:23 (f)
Adopted: April 5, 2001